It’s amazing how much information was written down, from years ago, that is still relevant to today.
The Songs of Solomon have so much advice for relationships.
All we have to do is read into the inspired Word of God.
I think often times guys think that to please a gal they have to work above and beyond their capabilities…so not true.
I’m going to support this with some scripture.
- Assurance in Words
Song of Solomon:
1:15 “How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves.” [[Affirmation of her beauty, that YOU find her beautiful. A nickname shows close, personal, and relational value.]]
2:2 “Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the maidens.” [[Solomon found his woman one of a kind-a beauty among a harsh background. Every other woman couldn’t compare to the beauty that she had, she was a knock out to him!]]
Chapter 4 is Solomon verbally telling her what he visualizes. It’s like poetic sight. Verses 7 and 9 I especially love; “All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you…you have stolen my heart, my sister, my bride; you have stolen my heart with one glance of your eyes, with one jewel of your necklace.” [[She is his standard of beauty. She is most beautiful and flawless because compared to herself, she is herself! He only has eyes for her. He calls her sister; I think importantly that he recognizes that she is a daughter of the King, therefore, his sister. Respecting her as a sister, before crossing the garden gate of marriage, is major here.]]
- Through all the senses [[FYI, more intimate]]
4:13-15 “Your plants are an orchard of pomegranates with choice fruits, with henna and nard, nard and saffron, calamus and cinnamon, with every kind of incense tree, with myrrh and aloes and all the finest spices. You are a garden fountain, a well of flowing water streaming down from Lebanon.”
[[fruit=taste…awkward for some, but the taste of her is luscious. henna=sight…beautiful purple linens were a sight for sore eyes. incense=scent…the way her hair, or her perfume, or clothes smell…if you like it, tell her. Girls like communication–and especially compliments!
aloes=touch…the way her skin feels to you, or when you hug each other.
fountain=sound…her voice, her laugh, her song.
- The majority of girls like to receive gifts for no reason at all…now guys, don’t freak out on me here. These ‘gifts’ don’t have to be extravagant and pricey. Actually, it’s more sentimental if…well, let me put this into perspective.
- On his wife’s birthday, man 1 buys her a convertible.
- On his wife’s birthday, man 2 plans out a picnic lunch at a look out spot over the beach. After taking a walk and him telling her how much he appreciates all she does, he takes a smooth rock or piece of bark to take home and writes a love quote, bible verse, or poem on it, so she can remember the day. A bouquet of flowers is always a plus…or even a single rose (or her favorite flower) on her pillow on her birthday morning.
- Which wife do you think will feel more emotionally loved? She will appreciate and respect her husband more because of the closeness he created. Sometimes, all it takes is a single wildflower with a kiss, or hand written note attached, just because it’s Thursday.
- [[This acronym is very important in being able to relate to your woman. Comprehending these six points and putting them into practice will improve your relationship BIG TIME]]
Ladies, if you have ANY input whatsoever, please help our guys out!
Feel free, guys, to comment asking for help (you can be anonymous too) or even giving me advice. Is there something that you think girls need to know?
Whether you are married, single, engaged, or blue, I would love to hear your thoughts and perspectives; your feedback.